The ARA’s Section for Business Records 2020 Summer Seminar will be taking place online for the first time! This year’s theme is ‘Building Resilience’ and features a discussion of the process that led to the rescue of the Thomas Cook archives with Richard Wiltshire, Jenny Bunn and Robin Jenkins, followed by workshop run by Steve Wood on how to build personal and organisational resilience.
Register to attend via Eventbrite and a link to a Zoom webinar will be sent out closer to the event.
9:30 am – Welcome and AGM
9:45 am – Presentation from Richard Wiltshire (CMT), Jenny Bunn and Robin Jenkins (Leicester Record Office) on the Thomas Cook Archive, plus Q&A
10:35 am – 10 minute break
10:45 am Training: Resilience building 1
- Setting personal vision and values
- Knowing and focusing on your ‘sphere of influence’
- Creating a balanced lifestyle
11:30 am Break 10 minutes
11:40 am Training: Resilience building 2
- Managing your psychological states: Breathing, relaxation, mindfulness and state changing
- Crafting an elevator pitch for your archive sector
12:15pm Wrap Up/Close
Building Resilience Workshop
Building personal and organisational resilience is an important competency for today’s archive sector leaders. These skills and techniques play a key role in enabling people and organisations to survive and thrive in today’s demanding work environment.
This interactive on-line workshop will comprise a series of short exercises designed to develop your resilience skills and provide techniques that you can use in the future and pass on to your colleagues…like a gym for your skills!
The workshop will comprise the following exercises:
- Setting personal vision and values (20 minutes)
- Knowing and focusing on your ‘sphere of influence’ (15 minutes)
- Creating a balanced lifestyle (20 minutes)
- Managing your psychological states (15 minutes): Breathing, relaxation, mindfulness and state changing
- Crafting an elevator pitch for your archive sector (20 minutes)
Steve Wood is a Professional Coach, Facilitator and NLP Master Practitioner, specialising in personal and organisational resilience and wellbeing. Over the last 24 years he has supported literally hundreds of people and teams, especially within the culture and heritage sectors. He is best known within the archive sector for his workshops on Personal Workplace Resilience, Influencing and Advocacy, Service Transformation and Creative Income Generation. Steve is also an accredited Mental Health First Aider.