Heritage Revival in Home
Company: John Lewis Partnership
Impact: Innovation; Brand knowledge and marketing
Sponsor: John Lewis Home Design Studio
Timescale: 12 months from concept to launch
To develop new prints for the Spring Summer 2021 Home collection. The prints are to draw inspiration from historical designs and patterns in the John Lewis textile archive.
Business archives used by the team
- Textile design documents from the Cummersdale collection (part of John Lewis corporate archive)
Outcomes and business benefit
- The creation of a range of furnishing fabrics and wallpapers that reflect current trends in the market.
- Cost of product development minimised by using in-house inspiration from the 25,000-strong textile archive.
- The success of the product range would provide an opportunity to raise the profile of the archive collections and potential for further product development.
- The product range has been featured across social media campaigns and in external publications, highlighting the use of archive collections in product development.